Thursday, March 1, 2012

Waffles

Remember how I used the waffle tray to make eggs for breakfast sandwiches? Well, it's also great for making waffles. Whodathunkit? I like using the waffle tray because this means we all get to eat the same time and I don't have to stand over a waffle iron for minutes on end. I paired the delicious waffles with some breakfast cups, but this time I used the round tray.

Waffles

2 C flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 C milk, warm
1/3 butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla

In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, pour in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients in to the dry and combine. Ladle into wells, filling them 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.

Notes: If you want the tops to be flat, fill them half full and lay a Silpat on top before baking. This recipe makes just enough batter to fill all 12 wells. The waffles reheat perfectly in the toaster.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I made these in the Teddy Bear Tray and they were so cute and so much fun! About 15 minutes in the oven and they were GREAT! Thanks for sharing I looked everywhere to find a recipe for baked waffles!