Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Low(er) Calorie Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't like to post recipes without pictures to go with them, but in this case, I will. It was requested and the cookies are now gone. We have been a busy family the past two weeks and now three of us are sick. So, next time I make them I'll add a photo!

The original recipe is as follows:

Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 C flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 C butter, room temperature
1/2 C dark brown sugar
1/3 C unsweetened cocoa
2 large egg whites
1/3 C semisweet chocolate chips

Combine brown sugar and butter then add eggs and cocoa. Add remaining dry ingredients until combined. Dump in chocolate chips, and mix.

Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.

If you use a small scoop, you should get 30-40 cookies (they will be small!) and will be 1 point if you are calculating for Weight Watchers.

Notes: I doubled the recipe, used light brown sugar (that's what I had), 1/3 C of white chocolate chips and 1/3 C of semi-sweet chocolate chips. I got about 55 cookies worth 1.5-2 points each.

Don't let the lower calorie or Weight Watcher reference fool you. These are delicious!



No comments: