Friday, January 6, 2012

Oatmeal and M&M cookies

What do you do with the large bag of M&M you received for Christmas? Make cookies, of course!
I tried out a new recipe I found, but I modified it so much, I'm going to claim this one as my own. :)
Starts with butter and ends with M&Ms. What could go wrong?
Oh yeah! We have two friends that have egg allergies, so I substituted flax meal instead. (FYI: 1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp of water = 1 egg)
Oatmeal and M&M Cookies

1 C butter, room temperature
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 tbsp flax meal
6 tbsp water
3 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 C quick cooking oats
2 C M&Ms

Cream Butter, brown sugar, sugar.
Add in vanilla and combine.
Mix flax meal and water in a separate bowl then pour into dough and mix.
Add in flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon. Mix until just combined.
Add in oats and M&Ms. Mix gently.

Scoop out onto a Silpat on a perforated baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 9 1/2 - 10 minutes.
Heck, make these for Valentines day and any other time you end up with an extra large bag of holiday M&Ms. They're that good!

1 comment:

cowartclan said...

I can persoally attest to the absolute YUMMINESS of these cookies. You should make these!!

Thanks for everything Laurel!
Hugs ~ Karen and Clan