Thursday, June 21, 2012

Banana 'ice cream' with Nutella

I saw this idea on Pinterest and I was skeptical.  Bananas = smooth creamy ice cream? It was warm today, I had some ripening bananas, and the mood hit me right.  This morning I sliced 2 banana and placed the round discs on a Silpat on a perforated baking sheet and placed them in my freezer.  This evening, I pulled them out and created this beautiful concoction!  Try it!!  Unless you don't like banana, then I don't recommend it.  The only other catch is that you need a food processor.


Banana 'ice cream' with Nutella


2 large bananas
3 tsp Nutella

Slice bananas and place round discs on a Silpat on perforated baking sheet.  Place it in the freezer until frozen through (at least 2 hours) or overnight.

Place banana discs in the food processor (hold on tight to the machine, it will jump!) and turn on for several minutes.  Stop every now and again to scrape down the sides.  Don't be worried it will come together.  Add in Nutella (or peanut butter!!) and let the goodness spin several more rounds in the food processor.  Sprinkle on on a few chocolate chips and enjoy!

I'm officially addicted!

No comments: